Student inquiry questions
Case study for students: Dunedin stadium.
- Based on the information here, what would you have done if you were in the council's shoes?
- To what degree will Dunedin's new stadium benefit the region socially and economically? Who will benefit most?
- Should public money be used to build sports stadiums, and should ratepayers foot the bill?
- Should local or national governments go into debt to fund big projects?
- How important is public consultation in big projects like this?
- Is it a good thing that New Zealand won the right to host the 2011 Rugby World Cup?
- To what degree will the Rugby World Cup benefit New Zealand socially and economically?