Student inquiry questions
Case study for students: Paraparaumu Aerodrome.
- Should the government have sold Paraparaumu Aerodrome?
- How well did the government's solution balance everyone's interests?
- How reasonable was the government's decision to sell the aerodrome as a ‘going concern' given that it considered the aerodrome uneconomic?
- Why didn't the government determine the surplus land before sale?
- Were the former landowners' rights fully protected by the law change?
- Should MOT have contacted former landowners?
- How well did MOT address Māori interests?
- Should 'user groups' have been defined as only groups who used the aerodrome for aviation?
- Should government run businesses?