Student inquiry questions
Case study for students: Wānanga inquiry.
- Should successful kaupapa Māori organisations have to obey government rules that are largely based on a Pākehā world view?
- Would TWOA have been so successful had it operated according to a Pākehā model?
- Is hiring family members and friends acceptable in a public sector organisation?
- What is the place of customary Māori practices like koha in modern life?
- How important are written records versus oral records?
- Should a competitive model usually be applied to hiring and spending in the public sector?
- How do concepts like whanaungatanga (kinship) show through in other areas of Māori life? Are there parallels in Pākehā contexts?
- Should public organisations fund employees to go to the funerals or tangi of family members?
- Are family and community ties wider for Māori than for Pākehā, or do these ties manifest differently?